Serving amount: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 30 min
500 g apples
1 tb cinnamon
150 g whole grain buckwheat flour
100 g maize flour
50 g line seeds, ground
50 g corn starch
10 g baking soda
1 pinch of salt
500 ml water
450 g date paste
50 ml apple vinegar
150 ml rapeseed oil
100 ml rose water
- Preheat the oven up to 180°C.
- Cut the apples into halves and remove the core with seeds.
- Then slice the apples and spread the slices on a cake baking form.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apple slices and bake for about 15 min until slightly browned.
- While the apples are being baked, mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put the date paste, vinegar, oil and 400 ml of water in a mixer and mix until reaching a smooth texture. Pour the date mixture into the dry mixture.
- With the remaining 100 ml of water, run the mixer for cleaning all residues, add to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the baked apples and bake for about 30 min until the wooden tooth pick comes out dry of the centre of the cake.
- Sprinkle the rose water over the warm baked cake and wait for about 30 min until completely absorbed.
- Release the outer ring of the baking form, cover it with a large cake serving plate and flip the cake.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR