Serving amount: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 10 + 40 min
Ingredients for the almond cake base
60 g almonds, blanched and ground
60 g cornmeal
60 g cane sugar
45 g whole grain buckwheat flour
30 g linseed, ground
4 g baking soda
1 dashs of salt
60 ml rapeseed oil
40 g water
Ingredients for the cake filling
150 ml water
400 g silk tofu (1 package)
250 g soy yogurt
2 lemons (150 ml lemon juice and 10 g lemon zest)
100 g cashew nuts
200 g cane sugar
50 g corn starch
15 g baking powder
Preparation of the cake base
- Preheat the oven up to 170°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and mix, so that you get a crumbly mixture (“Streusel”).
- Now pour in the water and knead the mass into a sticky dough.
- Grease the springform pan or line it with baking paper. Use your hands to press the dough into the corners, creating a thing edge and a flat cake base.
- Use a fork to pierce several holes in the bottom of the dough so that the remaining air can escape and there is no air hole underneath after baking.
- Bake the cake base for 10 min. The dough should have the consistency of a freshly baked biscuit.
Preparation of the cake filling
- Peel the lemons with a peeler so that the yellow outer peel can be used. Throw away the white lower layer.
- Squeeze the lemon to get out the juice and mix it with the cashews and the peel in a blender for 1-2 min until a creamy, soft texture is obtained.
- Now add silk tofu, soy yogurt and keep mixing.
- Put the mixture in a closed jar and let it rest for 6-8 hours in room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
Preparation of the cake
- Preheat the oven up to 160°C.
- Put a large tray filled with water on the lowest part of the oven.
- Pour the cake filling on top of the cake base.
- Bake for about 40 min until the top of the cake is slightly browned and springy and pudding-like.
- Before serving, let completely cool out, because the cheesy lemon cake tastes cool the best.
- Serve with homemade compote, marmelade or fresh fruits.Enjoy! 🙂
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR