Serving amount: 20 cookies
Preparation time: 40 min
Baking time: 12-15 min
The Chocacoa Cookie is the Israeli version of the American ‘Chocolate Chip Cookie’. A well-known bakery removed the animal products from the original recipe of the 1930s, and added cocoa to the cookie dough to suit local preferences.
100 g whole meal flour
50 g wheat flour
35 g cacao powder
25 g corn starch
100 g dark chocolate, broken
150 g cane sugar
8 g baking soda
1 g salt
one pinch of cinnamon
110 ml water
75 ml rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven up to 170°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add water and oil and mix well.
- Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- With your hands, roll a ball about the size of a ping pong ball, and spread the cookie balls on top of the baking paper, with spaces of 20 cm between the cookies.
- Bake for about 12-15 min until cracks appear on the cookies.
- Cool down completely and gently remove the cookies into a cookie jar.
- Don’t be greedy, share these cookies with family and friends.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR