Serving amount: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 60 min
1 big fresh ginger (150 g), peeled
500 ml water
450 g date paste
250 g sunflower seeds, grinded
150 g cornmeal
100 g whole grain buckwheat flour
50 g cornflour
50 g linseed, grinded
20 g natron
5 g cinnamon
3 g nutmeg
3 g cloves
- Preheat the oven up to 180°C.
- Grease a springform pan/bundt pan or line it with baking paper.
- Peel the lemons with a peeler so that the yellow outer peel can be used. Throw away the white lower layer.
- Crush the peel with the flesh and the peeled ginger in a mixer for 1-2 min until a creamy, soft texture is obtained.
- Add date paste and water to mix for a few more minutes, so that you get a smoothie.
- Mix well all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now pour the smoothie into the bowl and mix quickly with the dry ingredients, as bubbles will appear immediately. The colour of the dough will also brighten.
- Fill the dough in the prepared baking pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes. Then lower the heat to 140°C and bake for another 30-40 min, so that no dough sticks when testing with the wooden Schaschlik skewer.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR