Serving amount: 1 torte
Preparation time: 15-20 min
Baking time: 40 + 20 min
800 ml water
575 g date paste
100 ml rapeseed oil
75 ml apple vinegar
200 g corn flour
200 g hazelnut, ground
125 g cacao powder
100 ml flax seed, ground
20 g baking soda
3 g gloves, ground
250 ml water
200 g date paste
60 g cashew nuts
40 g cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a blender, mix water with the date paste, rapeseed oil and apple vinegar, until reaching a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, mix well all of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the date smoothie over the dry mixture and mix well quickly together.
- Pass the cake dough into a cake baking form, with about 28 cm of diameter.
- Bake the cake for about 40 min, lower the heat to about 150 °C and bake for about 20 more min until the top of the cake is firm for pressing.
- Cool down for a few hours.
- In the blender, mix the cream ingredients until reaching a very smooth consistency.
- Slice the cake into 3 even width layers, using a cake slicer and flat plates.
- Cover the bottom slice with ¼ of the cream, lay over the second slice and another ¼ of the cream, on top of this the third and last cake slice. Then cover the whole torte in an even thickness layer using the remaining cream.
- Decorate with hazelnut and cacao.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR