Serving amount: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 10 + 60 min
Ingredients for the almond cake base
100 g almonds, blanched and ground
100 g cornmeal
100 g cane sugar
75 g whole grain buckwheat flour
50 g linseed, ground
4 g baking soda
2 dashs of salt
2 dashs of cinnamon
100 ml rapeseed oil
50 g water
Ingredients for the cake filling
300 g bitter apricot kernels (bitter almonds), ground
175 g cane sugar
400 g silken tofu (1 package)
50 g bitter apricot kernels (bitter almonds), ground
Preparation of the cake base
- Preheat the oven up to 170°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and mix, so that you get a crumbly mixture (“Streusel”).
- Now pour in the water and knead the mass into a sticky dough.
- Grease the springform pan or line it with baking paper. Use your hands to press the dough into the corners, creating a thing edge and a flat cake base.
- Use a fork to pierce several holes in the bottom of the dough so that the remaining air can escape and there is no air hole underneath after baking.
- Bake the cake base for 10 min. The dough should have the consistency of a freshly baked biscuit.
Preparation of the cake filling
- Mix apricot kernels (bitter almonds) with sugar and half of the silk tofu to a creamy texture.
- Then add the remaining silk tofu and mix for a few more minutes until a liquid mass is obtained.
Preparation of the cake
- Spread the cake filling onto the baked cake base.
- Sprinkle the grinded apricot kernels all over the cake until the whole filling is covered.
- Bake the cake for one hour in the preheat oven at 140°C.
- Let cool the marzipan cake before serving.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR