Serving amount: 8 portions
Preparation time: 4 h
2,5 l water
250 g white kidney beans (soaked overnight)
500 g round-grain rice
3 rote pepper, diced
2 zucchini, thickly sliced
50 ml olive oil
50 g dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
50 g capers
2 bunches of parsley, finley chopped
2 big pressed garlic cloves
30 ml apple vinegar
1 bunch of basil, finley chopped or 6 tb dried basil
10 fresh sprigs of oregano, finley chopped or 8 tb dried oregano
5 fresh sage leaves, finley chopped
2 bunches of fresh dill, finley chopped or 4 tb dried dill
1 bunch of fresh Arabic Nana-mint finley chopped or4 tb dried mint
½ tsp Pfeffer
some salt, depending on taste
50 g almond flour
20 g yeast flakes
one dash of salt
- Soak the beans overnight in water in a very big pot (min. 8l capacity).
- Bring the beans to boil and skim off the foam with a big spoon. Now reduce the heat to the minimum and put the lid on the pot. Then cook for 2 – 3 hours until the beans are cooked softly.
- While the beans are cooking, mix the oil and the vegetables with a spoon on a baking tray. Then grill in the oven for 20 min at 200°C until it has a golden brown colour.
- When the beans are soft, skim them off in a bowl and store them for later. Keep the bean water to cook the rice.
- Wash the rice in a bowl.
- Add the washed rice to the bean water and bring to boil, stirring constantly. At this point, add a little salt. Towards the end of the cooking process, the rice may stick to the bottom, so stir well. Continue stiring the rice while boiling until it is ‘al dente’ (after about 30 minutes). If there is still a layer of water left on the cooked rice, pour it off.
- Mix now all the prepared ingredients except the beans in the pot.
- Add the beans and carefully fold them in.
- Mix the vegan parmesan ingredients.
- To serve, sprinkle the vegan parmesan over the risotto.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR