Serving: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 30 min + 20 min
500 ml water
450 g date paste or stoned Medjool dates
500 g hard wheat semolina
ca. 3 oranges
200 g blanched ground almonds
150 g rapeseed oil
20 g rasped orange zest
8 g baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
5 g cinnamon powder
2 g grated nutmeg
2 g cloves powder
- Mix date paste, oil and water to get a soft, creamy mass.
- Mix all dry ingredients with the rasped orange zest in a separate bowl.
- Then fold in the date paste, and stir all ingredients to a cake dough.
- Fill the cake dough in a greaseed bundt pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for at least 30 min (180°C).
- Reduce the heat to 140°C and let the cake dry for another 20-30 min.
- Test with a wooden skewer if the cake is thouroughly baked.
- Squeeze the oranges and spread the orange juice over the still warm cake in the baking pan. The juice will get soaked after a short while.
- As soon as the juice is soaked in, turn the pan carefully in order to take the cake out of its mould.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR