Serving amount: 6-8 portions
Soaking time of the cashew nuts: 1 night
Baking time: 30 min + 20 min
Durability: 5 to 7 days in the fridge
Any vegetable can be used for the quiche, e.g. a mixture of peppers and zucchinis, sweet potatoes or leek with carrots. We recommend using seasonal vegetables.
Ingredients for the quiche base
150 ml water
300 g wholemeal spelt flour
75 ml rapeseed oil
25 g sesame, unpeeled
5 g oregano
5 g salt
Ingredients for the quiche filling
300 g vegetables
20 ml olive oil
5 g salt
50 ml water
300 g tofu (natural)
150 ml soydrink
50 g cashew nuts, soaked over night
25 ml brandy vinegar
15 g yeast flakes
5 g pressed garlic
5 g salt
Preparation of the quiche base
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the quiche base.
- Then add the oil and knead in order to get dough lumps.
- Now add the water and continue to knead until the dough is soft and does not stick to the hands. It is therefore easy to roll out.
- Roll out the dough to a 0,5 cm thick layer.
- Then spread the dough evenly in a regular springform pan (28 cm in diameter) so that two thirds of the edges are covered (approx. 3 cm high dough edge for the quiche).
- Use a fork to pierce several holes in the bottom of the dough so that the remaining air can escape, and there is no air hole underneath after baking.
- Bake for 10 min.
During baking the base, prepare the quiche filling.
Preparation of the quiche filling
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Then mix with oil and salt and spread on a baking tray.
- Let roast in the preheated oven (180°C) for ca. 20 min.
- Mix all other ingredients together with the soaked cashew nuts until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Now mix the roasted vegetables with the tofu cream and spread in the springform pan.
- Bake the quiche at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR