Serving amount: 12-16 portions
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 40 min
Ingredients for the almond cake base
60 g almonds, blanched and ground
60 g cornmeal
60 g cane sugar
45 g whole grain buckwheat flour
30 g linseed, ground
8 g baking soda
1 g dashs of salt
60 ml rapeseed oil
60 g water
Ingredients for the cake filling
400 g silken tofu
250 g vegan white chocolate
50 g cane sugar
Preparation of the cake base
- Preheat the oven up to 170°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and mix, so that you get a crumbly mixture (“Streusel”).
- Now pour in the water and knead the mass into a sticky dough.
- Grease the springform pan or line it with baking paper. Use your hands to press the dough into the corners, creating a thing edge and a flat cake base.
- Use a fork to pierce several holes in the bottom of the dough so that the remaining air can escape and there is no air hole underneath after baking.
- Bake the cake base for 10 min.
Preparation of the cake filling
- Pass the silken tofu and the sugar into a blender and grind for about 1 minute.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate slowly into the blender, then mix with the tofu in high speed mode.
Preparation of the cake
- Spread the cake filling onto the baked cake base.
- Put a large tray filled with water on the lowest part of the oven.
- Bake the cake for half an hour in the preheat oven at 160°C.
- Cool for a few hours in the fridge before serving.
- optional: serve with fresh fruit sauce or chocolate sauce above