Serving amount: 16 pitas
Preparation time: 15-20 min
Rising time: 1.5-2.5 h
Baking time: 30 min
500 g whole wheat spelt flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry yeast
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
250 ml of lukewarm water (30-40 ° C, so that the yeasts do not die)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and knead for a few minutes into a dough.
- Let the dough rest and rise for 1-2 hours in a warm place.
- Set the oven to the maximum temperature.
- Form apricot-sized balls from the dough with your hands and knead each ball for a minute
- Let the dough balls rise for another half an hour.
- spread a bit of flour on the work surface and flatten each ball with the rolling pin to about 5 mm thin flat dough.
- Spread the pitas on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Each baking sheet should have 3-5 pitas. As the dough will continue to rise during baking, leave some space between the pitas.
- After 2-3 minutes of baking , the dough will fill with air and rise like a big balloon. When it is bloated to its maximum, take the pita immediately out from the oven.
- Repeat this process until all pitas are baked.
- After cooling keep the pitas in an airtight box
Article published by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved to DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR