Serving amount: 6 portions
Preparation time: ca. 1h
5 zucchini, diced
5 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
50 ml olive oil
1 tb salt
2 l water
500 g round-grain rice
2 bay leaves
300 wild garlic (ramson), chopped
200 g cashews
50 ml apple vinegar
20 g nutritional yeast flakes
500 ml water
1 bunch of basil, finely chopped or 6 tb dried basil
10 fresh twigs of oregano, finely chopped or 8 tb dried oregano
1 tb nut meg
½ tsp pepper
10 ground cloves or ½ tsp clove powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the zucchini with sage leaves, oil and a spoon of salt in a baking tray. Then grill in the oven for 40 min until it has a golden brown colour.
- While the zucchini are being baked, wash the rice in a large cooking pot. Pour away the starch water and fill the pot with 2 l of fresh water.
- Add 1 tb of salt and 2 bay leaves into the pot and bring to boil while constantly stirring. Towards the end of the cooking process, the rice may stick to the bottom, so stir well. After about 20 min, the rice reaches the water level, then remove the bay leaves and add the wild garlic, cover the pot with a lid and turn off the heat. Leave covered for about 15 more minutes.
- In a mixer, add cashews with vinegar, yeast flakes, spices and 200 ml water and blend until you get a smooth texture. Pour the cream into the rice pot.
- Add the remaining 300 ml of water into the mixer and blend for a few more seconds to clean the remaining cream. Add the remaining cream into the rice pot as well.
- Add the baked zucchini and herbs into the rice and mix well.
- Serve with some fresh olive oil.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR