Brownie is a cake that is cooked first and then baked, thus achieving a delicious fudge texture.
Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 16
Baking form: rectangular, 40×30 cm
400g soy drink
125g dutched cocoa powder
2g Himalayan black salt (kala namak)
200g finely ground corn flour (polenta, not starch)
150g green buckwheat flour
100g finely ground flax seeds
5g baking powder
300g fruit / chocolate / nuts
- In a double pot (Bain-marie, i.e. a cooking pot sitting in a pot of boiling water on the stove) melt the chocolate with soy drink, oil, sugar and cocoa.
- When a smooth and uniform dough texture is achieved, turn off the stove, add all the other dry ingredients to the batter and mix well.
- Transfer to an oiled baking form and level out to a uniform thickness using a spatula.
- You can now add toppings of your wish. The recipe works great with banana and peanut butter, berries, dark or white chocolate chunks, nuts and any other sweet/fatty/sour topping that goes well with chocolate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 170 degrees. For berries topping bake cover for about 15 minutes and then uncovered for the rest of the baking time to avoid them from burning.
Now dig in!