Serving amount: 30 Tomatoes
Preparation time: 60 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Ingredients for the rice filling
250 g round rice
1/2 ts salt
400 ml water
50 g almonds or almond flakes
50 g sunflower seeds
Herbs and spices:
leaves from 5 strands of fresh basil
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
2 strings of parsley
6 leaves of Fresh sage
leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary
5 cloves of garlic
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
30 medium sized tomatoes
Ingredients for the crust
3 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
5 tbsp almond flour
1 pinch of salt
10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- First, rinse the rice with cold water to remove the surface starch.
- Cooking the rice: Cook the rice with the 400 ml water and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil; please don’t put a lid on it. After boiling, lower the heat, and wait until the rice has absorbed the water and no more water is visible from above. Now turn the heat off and put a lid on the pot and set aside for 15 minutes until ready.
- Chop finely the fresh herbs and crush the garlic in a garlic press.
- Toast the almonds and afterwards, the sunflower seeds in a pan until they get slightly brown.
- Add all the ingredients of the filling (herbs, oil, almonds, sunflower seeds and pressed garlic) to the rice and mix well.
- Wash the tomatoes and spread on a baking pan. Cut a hole or “window” into the tomatoes so that the lid with the green stem is removed. Use a spoon to scoop the tomato seeds and any tough white core out of the four seed cavities. Use the tomato’s contents and lid to make a fresh tomato sauce for other recipes.
- Using the tablespoon, carefully insert the filling into the tomatoes, enough to leave a small margin at the top for the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- For the crust, mix the yeast flakes with the almond flour and a pinch of salt and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon on top of every tomato. Drizzle on each tomato olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Article published by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved to DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR