Serving amount: 1 bread loaf
Preparation time: 5 min
Rising time: 2-4 h
Baking time: 40 min
500 g whole grain spelt flour/whole wheat flour
100-200 g sunflower seeds
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Oregano
1/2 tbsp Rosmarin
2 tsp dry yeast
350 ml warm water (30-40°C, not too hot so the yeast bacteria won’t die)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to a dough and knead by hands or food processor.
- Let the dough rise while covered with a towel in a warm place for 2-4 hours.
- Place the dough in a bread loaf (25-30 cm length).
- Place the loaf in the cold oven and turn up the heat to 220°C.
- After 20 min the bread will have a beautiful brown crust.
- Reduce the heat now to 170°C and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven and gently remove from the loaf.
- Let cool down for about 1 h before serving.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR