The idea for this salad came up as we missed the warm vibrant flavors of Thailand in the middle of a cold north Italian winter.
The recipe here is based mainly on colorful cauliflowers that you can easily find in the farmer markets here. However, using only one type of cauliflower or even switching it with other crunchy winter vegetables like kohlrabi or cabbage would yield the same delicious result.
- Cut the cauliflower or other crunchy vegetables of you choice, into small bite size pieces and place them into a medium bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler to firstly peel the carrots and then continue with the peeler to create carrot stripes. If you have a Thai peeler you can use it as well to create even thinner stripes. Add the stripes to the bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them as well to your salad.
- Slice finely the small piece of fresh Chili pepper and add to your salad, alternatively, you can add a bit of dried chili flakes. The amount depends of you love for spiciness.
- Add to the salad finely chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, sesame oil, sweetener and soy/Tamari sauce and mix well. Mixing helps the vegetables to absorb the flavors, so every bite would be rich in flavor.
- Sprinkle peanuts or cashews on top of the salad before serving for that extra crunchiness.