Serving amount: 12 portions
Preparation time: 1-2 h
Baking time: 20-30 min
1.5 l water
2 large onions, chopped
1 large leek stems
1 large fennels, chopped
1 branches celery, chopped
2 zucchini, diced
1 large Hokkaido pumpkin, diced
1 cup (200 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup (150 ml) white wine or apple vinegar
200 g soy granules
1-2 tbsp salt
1 branch sage
2 branches thyme
1 stem lovage
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp black pepper, ground
150 gr cashews
1/2 cup (5-10 tbsp) nutritional yeast flakes, by flavor
1 pack lasagna noodles (500g)
- Pour the onions and leek with the oil in a large pot and turn the heat to the maximum. Sauté for 5 minutes until reaching a golden color.
- Now add the celery and fennel and sauté for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini and pumpkin and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soy granules and mix with the vegetables so that it absorbs the vegetable juice.
- Pour in the white wine and stir.
- Add all of the spices.
- Add 1 liter of water and continue cooking for about 30 more minutes until the pumpkin is soft enough to break with the back of a spoon. Mix the stew every few minutes.
- While the vegetables are being cooked, add the cashews with the remaining water into a mixer and grind until reaching a smooth texture.
- Pour the cashew creme into the vegetable mixture and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- For the lasagna preparation, lightly cover the tray with several spoons of the sauce and spread the first layer of lasagna leaves. To do this, break off the corners of the noodles so that all of the pasta leaves fit into the shape. The noodles should not cover each other.
- Now spread a quarter of the sauce on top of the noodles layer and spread it evenly.
- Apart from a few spoons of the sauce for the upper layer, repeat the previous process 3 more times.
- Put the last layer of noodles, and above that, finish with the remaining sauce mixed with a bit of water, to keep the moisture in the baking process.
- Cover the lasagna with the yeast flakes and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake the lasagna for 20-30 minutes until reaching a golden color on the top layer.
Article published by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved to DELIKAKTUS – Blanc & Baum GbR