Preparation time: 15-20 min
Baking time: 40 min
6 very large carrots, well washed and not dried
300 g salt
1 tbs ground Wakame alge or 2 sheets Nouri alge
1 tbs dill
½ tsp black pepper
4 tbs apple vinegar
4 tbs olive oil
10 drops liquid smoke (100 %, without additives)
- Preheat the oven up to 200°C.
- Sprinkle half of the salt over a small baking tray, above lay the whole carrots and cover them with the rest of the salt.
- Bake for about 40 min until the carrots are a bit softer, and then let cool down completely.
- Peel the carrots, and with the peeler cut into very thin and long slices into a large bowl.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a cup and pour the finished marinade over the carrots.
- Pass into a closed jar and leave in the fridge for three days to absorb flavours.
- Serve with bagels, v-egg salad and rocket leaves.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR