Serving amount: 12 pieces of cake
Preparation time: 40 min
Baking time: 40 +20 min
1 cup (210 g) cane sugar
1 cup (240 g) spelt flour
1 package baking powder
2 tbsp flaxseeds, freshly ground
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of clove powder
pinch of cardamom powder
3 large zucchinis, finely grated
50 g cashews
1/2 cup (110 ml) rapeseed oil
3/4 cup (200 ml) soy drink
peel of 1 lemon
for the frosting:
150 g cashews
40 g cane sugar powder
3/4 cup (100 ml) water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except for the cashews and sugar powder) in a large bowl.
- In a mixer, grind cashews with oil, soy drink and the lemon peel until reaching a smooth texture.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and mix together. You do not need to wash the mixer as we will use it later for the frosting.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix well.
- Pour the dough into a Gugelhopf baking form (Bundt cake) and bake for about 40 minutes.
- While the cake is being baked, pour the remaining ingredients (cashews, sugar powder, water) into the mixer and grind until reaching a smooth texture.
- Reduce the heat to 150°C and bake for about 20 more minutes.
- Flip the cake onto a serving plate and let it cool for about 1 hour.
- Drizzle all of the frosting in continous circles over the top of the cake. Put the cake in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.
Article by Pauline Eberts
© All rights reserved DeliKaktus – Blanc & Baum GbR